Homeowners Guide to Seasonal Maintenance
Spring, Summer, Winter or Fall, your new Mason home is built better and designed to perform better. But each season brings special considerations for maintenance and upkeep. To help you keep your home in tip-top shape we’ve created an easy to follow maintenance guide. It features a comprehensive list of items for inspection, and is intended to assist you with setting up a regular schedule of check-ups.
You’ve made a significant investment in your new Mason home and a little seasonal maintenance will keep it looking good inside and out, while ensuring that the systems in your home continue to perform at the highest level.
Each month, you will need to complete safety checks of your home. We recommend that you do the following on a monthly basis,
- Clean the grease build-up around your stove’s range hood, including the filter. Replace the filter if necessary.
- Test the smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors. Examine the fire extinguisher to ensure it is functioning properly.
- Check and reset your ground fault circuit interrupters (GFCI) in the bathroom and outdoor areas.
- Check for any potential fire hazards in your home.
- Change the furnace filter.
You will also need to perform certain seasonal checks in order to maintain your home. For your convenience, we have prepared a checklist of maintenance items to be completed each spring, summer, fall, and winter.
Please note that this is a guideline only, always refer to manufactures’ recommendations.